Yeay! Goal achieved! My half marathon goal was to beat 1 h 45 min and, well well, I did it in 1:44:49. I was just running on my own for fun, so sure, this is an unofficial record, but it’s good enough for me.
I’m sorry, but there won’t be any great winning story here. The run was steady, fast and relative easy from the start to finish. But quite fun ride it was.
- 2 km: Already during the first kilometers I knew this is going to be a good run.
- 5 km: Uphill, uphill, but have to keep going…
- 6.5 km: Ok, one trouble ahead. Some abdominal tingling, but only for a while.
- 7.5 km: Two bikers passed by with a speed.
- 8.7 km: Heh, uphill and two bikers passed by by me – same two.
- 12.1 km: Passing a pet pig. Something I don’t see every day.
- 18 km: All the way very good and steady pace 5 min/km.
- 21.1 km: Last three kilometers where tougher, but finally there with a little sprint at the end. I’m feeling quite good after the run.
I think the next goal for a half marathon will be to beat 1 h 30 min.
This post is part of the thread: Marathons, Half Marathons And Everything Between – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.